Summer 2023 - Dylan and Ruby update

It's been a while!  I always say that when I suddenly realise that time has flown and I haven't visited here for months.  Why is that? Perhaps it's because other things come along and along and along.... 

Dylan is now 12, nearly 13 years old! How can that be? and his sister, Ruby is 7 already. I'm very happy to say that both are well and doing fine, enjoying life and school and holidays. Here in England the children break up for the summer in the third week of July and return to school on 5th September, most years. Already the shops are full of 'Going back to school' items, clothes and stationery. The children here wear school uniform so they all look alike.  It gives a sense of identity and is cheaper for parents if the children aren't all trying to compete with each other as to who wears the most trendy clothes.

Even so, I remember from my own school days, that even in school uniform, some girls managed to look more fashionable than others! I went to an all girls school so we didn't have any boys to impress except for the ones who waited outside the school gates at home time.

Dylan is the quieter of the two. He loves his football and does very well with it. He has had lessons on the drums and gives the neighbours a serenade when he's in the mood.  The family live in the next street to me so I can see them often, which is very nice.



 New this year is another puppy. His name is Freddy and he is a crossbreed Bichon Frise/West Highland Terrier.  He has 12  other breeds in his d.n.a too so he is a liquorice all sorts type of dog. At the moment he is 31 weeks old and weighs apx. 7.6 kgs. Here he is soon after we brought him home in March. After doing a d.n.a. test we discovered he has lots of brothers and sisters, which was interesting to find out. I don't mean directly but d.n.a. wise so some are a year older and some older than that.  It gave me an idea of what he might look like in a year's time or even further on.


Freddy is different to Jenny, who I still miss very much.  She doesn't live with us anymore. She lives with a younger member of the family and her partner. They have more energy than us and dote on her so all is well, but it was a very hard decision to part with her. We can visit with her, but I thought it better not to do that too soon because it would only confuse her and upset us. 

Here she is in her basket, living her best life in the country :)


I hope my followers are all doing well, if there are any of you left and I'll try and hop in here a bit more often in future.


Star

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A hello from England

Our daily bread

Affairs at Thrush Green by Miss Read